The Plovdiv Branch of the Technical University – Sofia trains over 160 foreign students in the different specialties and forms of education.
The tuition is carried out in English in Industrial Engineering degree course. Otherwise, the students follow a preparatory year, during which they study physics, mathematics and informatics (in Bulgarian). They learn Bulgarian language and after successful completion of the preparatory year are enrolled as first year students at the University according to the desired speciality.
The documents for admission are as follows:
1. A copy of the Diploma for completed secondary education and an appendix with grades
2. A Medical Certificate issued within one month prior to the date of application and certified by the corresponding bodies in the foreign country
3. A letter confirming the right of the applicant to continue to study in the country where he/she has completed his/her secondary education
4. A copy of the passport
5. Photos – at least 2
The documents – 1, 2, 3 should be translated in Bulgarian and verified (stamped) in the respective foreign country.
The fees for the foreign students are as follows:
- for Bachelor's and Master's degrees - 1500 EURO per semester;
- for the preparatory year – 1250 EURO per semester;
- for PhD's degree - 1750 EURO per semester
Foreign citizens with double citizenship, the one of which is Bulgarian, pay 50% of the tuition fee.
The application documents must be submitted in the Educational Department of the Branch till the end of July.
Citizens of EU member states can apply for all degree courses funded by the Bulgarian state in the same way as the Bulgarian students after successfully passing the entrance requirements.